Now that we've covered React and React Native core components, we're able to create the screens of our UI. However, there's much more that we need to cover in order to develop a full app.
In this section, we'll cover the following topics:
- Project Structure: Directory structure and separation of concerns in our UI components
- Navigation: Creating an app with multiple screens, and transitioning between them (i.e. routing)
- Data Management: Storing data and passing it into our React components
- Persistence: Persisting app data locally on the device
- Networking: Making network requests to fetch data
- Animation: Making things move
- Gestures: Supporting complex touch interactions, like dragging
- Component Libraries: Bootstrapping an app with a design system library
- Native Modules: Accessing native device functionality
Some of these topics should be very familiar to web developers, so feel free to skip around.
Want to learn React Native in-depth?